Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Rattle those Pots and Pans



I cook dinner 6 nights a week. I love my quiet time in the kitchen so come 5pm or so, I tie on my apron, pour a glass of wine, find my recipe and and give 'er a go.

While I do have my favorite go-to recipes, 5 nights out of 6 I try something new. Beware! If you come to dinner here, you'll often have something I've never made. Needless to say, every once in awhile, calling out for pizza may have been a better idea!

I'm one of those, "If you can read, you can cook" kind of cooks. Although, along the way, I've learned to get creative with a recipe once I've attempted it a time or two.

I thought I'd share a few favorites I made last month. None are difficult (I never go for those)! All are delicious and each makes plenty of leftovers.

January 2011, Real Simple; Chicken with White Beans and Tomatoes. Hands down, this is a keeper! I've made it three times now. I added about a 1/4 cup of pitted Kalmata olives to the bean and tomato mixture and served it with a Caesar salad and crusty bread. The prep time is just 5 minutes. Fabulous!

December, 2010 Better Homes and Gardens; Classic Pot Roast.  I've been with my husband for 25 years and you'd think I'd have mastered Pot Roast by now! NOT! Enter Chef Scott Peacock. Finally, a perfect, fail-safe, go-to pot roast recipe. It's about time!

Everyday Food's Rich Chicken and Squash Lasagna. This is definitely a dish I'd make for company. It's rich and delicious but also easy to prepare.

January/February 2011Cooking Light; Green Chile Chili. So good on a cold night, easy and quick to prepare, and low fat. How can you go wrong?

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment